The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.
Edsger W. Dijkstra
Hi, my name is Dmitry, or simply Dima.
I currently work as a Search Quality Engineer at Google Zurich.
My previous experience in four points.
- I hold a PhD degree from ETH Zurich, Institute of Machine Learning. I worked there mostly on general computer vision algorithms and medical imaging under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Joachim M. Buhmann.
- Before that I got a diploma in Applied Math and Computer Science from Lomonosov Moscow State University. There I majored in Machine Learning as a part of Bayesian Methods research group headed by Dr. Dmitry P. Vetrov.
- In the meantime I worked as an analyst at Yandex. There I developed tools to automatically analyse raw market trends and user data to get some meaningful insights.
- Before Yandex, I worked at PwC, RGS and many other smaller places. I audited IT and business processes, built predictive models, wrote technical requirements, developed web-sites backends, and did tons of other random stuff.
I am enthusiastic about machine learning, data analysis and cryptocurrencies. My areas of expertise and/or interest include the following points.
- Computer vision: feature learning, expert-aware algorithms, medical imaging.
- Deep learning: CNN, autoregressive models, invariance, LSTM.
- Time series analysis: trends/anomalies detection, market data, speech, sound.
- Internet/web data: ranking, user behaviour segmentation, site quality, pattern detection, causal inference.
- Crypto: blockchain, bitcoin, ethereum and everything related.
You can reach out to me via: